"A birth certificate shows we were born, a death certificate shows we died, but photos show we lived. That's why I love taking photos of anything and everything." ~~ Nick Nardo

"The world is so much a better place, when you learn to close one of your eyes." ~~ D-Man Snapshot



Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mv Doulos

MV Doulos is my dream since i was in form 3 back in 1996. That day, a bunch of Missionary from MV Doulos came to my church to share about God and their ministry. And that was the first time in my life, I told myself, I wanna be a missionary, just like them. But then I never get the chance to see MV Doulos herself as they claim the water level in my hometown is too shallow for her to cruise in. nevertheless, the dream stay, and that motivate me a lot in my growth spiritually.

Year 2000, I broke with my girlfriend for the first time in my life. Being in a new place to study, Kuching, and with an broken heart, life is getting difficult. I ran away from church, escaping all activities in church, because I believe its God who had failed me. Later in the year, a mysterious MIRC friend brought me back to church. I called her mysterious because, as soon as she brought me to the church, she disappeared from the church as well, and she is not really a regular attender of church, so why would she tried hard to bring me back to church? I don’t understand. Plus, I am only close to her on cyber world of MIRC, never met her before in real. Anyway, I was back to the church, and I start to do little things that I never did before and people always tends to forget, the van driver. End of the year, one day a church mate called me, “hey Doulos is here, you wanna go?” Doulos, what a familiar name to me that time, and that name brought back a lot of memory to me. Now, this is the strange thing again, the friend who asked me, though from same church, but then we were not that close then, and according to her, that time they got a seat left in the car and thinking to invite someone and then she think of me so she rang me. Coincident? May be, anyway, that was the first time I board MV Doulos, and on board of Doulos, God reminded me a lot of pictures and dedication from the past. God did speak to me, but I sort of forgot what are the contents now. But one thing for sure, God use some strange incident to bring me back to my dream and strengthen my faith in Him. I partially fulfil my dream by seeing the ship myself and touching her myself. That time, the only thought in my mind, “thank you God”…

And this is not the end of the story. The next year, 2001, MV Doulos was in Kuching again! Now this is another strange thing as according to their schedule around the world, the quickest time they will be back to the same spot will be at least 2 years. But then I happened to see her again for the second time in second years. And this time, on board the ship, is my best friend Imelda. She is my church mate during my time in Subang Jaya, a lovely girl and my spiritual mate. When I left Subang Jaya in 1999, she told me, “one day, if God’s willing, I will go and visit you.” Now, KL to Sarawak, the mean of transport is of course by air. But God bring this mate of mine here by a ship, something that I never expected before. Imelda brought me around the ship and that was my first time actually going into the ship. That time, my heart was moved and as I was standing on the deck, my tears just dropped. I don’t know why, but I guess I began to sense God again, and then I promise God, “I will never leave you again, no matter what will happen in front of me.” That is not an easy promise to keep I assure you, but even I didn’t do it very well until now, but I am still in Him.


Sorry its getting a bit lengthy now, but trust me, I already try to short cut it. So Doulos will be in Australia for the last time before she is discharged in 2010. So, join me and grab your chance to visit the ship for the last time, probably in your life. Come and experience the God together.

No comments: